Potent Quotables (updated periodically)

  • "If you like sausages and laws, you should never watch either one of them being made." -- Otto von Bismarck
  • "God who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever." -- Thomas Jefferson
  • "The best way to prove a stick is crooked is to lay a straight one beside it" -- FW Boreham
  • "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and say, 'There you are' and those who say, 'Here I am'" -- Abigail Van Buren
  • "It was not political rhetoric, mass rallies or poses of moral indignation that gave the people a better life. It was capitalism." -- Thomas Sowell

Monday, June 08, 2009

Tribute to the High Pitched Male Vocalist

And now for something completely diff...well ridiculous. Ridiculously awesome, that is. How, you ask, can a man, presumably with testicles, sing so high? The world may never know. Tis not for us to ask but simply to enjoy...maybe with a finger in one ear. Just remember, it's called falsetto, not castrato.

First, we're going to start this thing off old school. The freckly kid in The Sandlot and the high pitched singer in this video...a familial relation? Turns out, this guy was named Larry Henley and co-wrote Wind Beneath my Wings sung by Bette Midler. Go figure.

I am so going to incorporate those dance moves into my everday routine.

But what would oldies be without Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons?


Next up, Wimoweh (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) covered by The Tokens. I couldn't embed this video, so don't forget to come back for more.

Now an earlier version...

Don't worry. I didn't listen to the whole thing either. It's supposedly the more authentic, original version.

Speaking of African trible song. What about the 80's band, Toto? Oh yeah, I went there:

Good times. You gotta love a band where the lead singer looks like Grizzly Adams but can sing like a school girl. Man that was cheesy, and I love it.

While we're in the 80's, why don't you Take on Me? Whatever that means, Mr. "I can just move prepositions around like Yoda, and you'll still love me for it"...


Now then, where else can 3 former pimps, turned librarians, get there groove on? Oh that's right...in a deserted, run-down neighborhood where they can pop out from wooden shutters and scare passers by.

Wait, there are no passers by. Now I realize why they're singing, "Stayin' Alive", because Will Smith was apparently the only other person left alive on earth, and he was just eaten by bloodthirsty mutant zombies. It really just begs one question: what kind of shampoo do they use?

Okay, now enough playin' around. It's time to get serious here, Daniel san:
Don't be ashamed if you teared up just a little bit. I mean it's Karate Kid II. If you don't tear up, it means you didn't watch Karate Kid I. For some reason I feel the urge to go blowdry my hair.

Journey/Steve Perry is just cool, now and forevermore:

1 comment:

  1. Video #1, about 1:15 in, most of the crowd looks bored out of their gourd.

    Heh. This is a funnier version of The Lion Sleeps Tonight. The Tokens have grown old! But good lord that original(?) version hurt my ears.

    This whole thing cracked me up. I'm off to go find My Sharona and Everything I Do (I Do It For You). Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Comment here or write us at GrimpHQ@gmail.com