Potent Quotables (updated periodically)

  • "If you like sausages and laws, you should never watch either one of them being made." -- Otto von Bismarck
  • "God who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever." -- Thomas Jefferson
  • "The best way to prove a stick is crooked is to lay a straight one beside it" -- FW Boreham
  • "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and say, 'There you are' and those who say, 'Here I am'" -- Abigail Van Buren
  • "It was not political rhetoric, mass rallies or poses of moral indignation that gave the people a better life. It was capitalism." -- Thomas Sowell

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

ObamaCare

If the election of Barack Obama didn't open your eyes to possible loss of the freedoms we as Americans take for granted, the new health care bill the democrats are proposing should.



I, an honored guest poster on Quaestor Fidelis, am not going to waste your time lecturing you on why you shouldn't agree with the proposed health care bill. I would just like to provide links and news clips, and let you come to your own conclusion.



So which is it, Obama?



Why the need to eliminate private health care? Oh, I get it... because there are people out there who are uninsured, I shouldn't be able to have the private health care that I work my butt off for every day? Makes perfect sense. I'm so glad we have a government who can ration health care to be "fair."



Hey Obama, where's your faith in government-run business?



So, if the post office is failing, why in the world do we think that government run HEALTH CARE will succeed?



A man with a legitimate concern



I ask you to read the bill and think about how it will affect you, your kids, your parents, grandparents, etc. Contact your congressman by phone, email, or letter, and let them know what you think. Remember, they work for US, and this is YOUR tax money going into this ingenious
plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here or write us at GrimpHQ@gmail.com