Potent Quotables (updated periodically)

  • "If you like sausages and laws, you should never watch either one of them being made." -- Otto von Bismarck
  • "God who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever." -- Thomas Jefferson
  • "The best way to prove a stick is crooked is to lay a straight one beside it" -- FW Boreham
  • "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and say, 'There you are' and those who say, 'Here I am'" -- Abigail Van Buren
  • "It was not political rhetoric, mass rallies or poses of moral indignation that gave the people a better life. It was capitalism." -- Thomas Sowell

Thursday, July 01, 2010

History

I'd like to share an article with you from the Wall Street Journal from April of this year.  It's a short easy read but a good primer on the Mideast conflict and explains that the US may not be backing up its ally in the region.  After reading this article let me know what you think.

On a related note, I had an interesting discussion with someone the other day.  That individual asked me something that may put a shiver down your spine.  "Do you think the Lord might have put this particular president in power so that the prophecy in the Bible regarding all nations turning against Israel can be fulfilled?"  In other words do we need a president in office that is non-threatening to countries in the Middle East like Iran that have leaders shouting "Death to America!" for prophecy like what is in Zechariah and Ezekiel to come true?  I can't really answer that at this time.  Who could?  It's food for thought I suppose.

All I know is, the Lord said to Abraham (Abram at the time): "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.  I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here or write us at GrimpHQ@gmail.com