Potent Quotables (updated periodically)

  • "If you like sausages and laws, you should never watch either one of them being made." -- Otto von Bismarck
  • "God who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever." -- Thomas Jefferson
  • "The best way to prove a stick is crooked is to lay a straight one beside it" -- FW Boreham
  • "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and say, 'There you are' and those who say, 'Here I am'" -- Abigail Van Buren
  • "It was not political rhetoric, mass rallies or poses of moral indignation that gave the people a better life. It was capitalism." -- Thomas Sowell

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Oh Well

Congratulations Obama:


And here's to McCain for taking the loss like a man:


And here is a nugget regarding taxes: A Fair Share for All

1 comment:

  1. As much as I am happy for the country that we have come so far as to elect a black president, I am really scared for the United States. Does the country really know who we elected? We have nothing to go off of here. He has no track record as far as experience is concerned. The only thing I know is some of the people he has associated himself with are sketchy.

    That being said... I don't think of myself as categorizing people by the color of their skin. Race was never a factor for me... didn't think much about it. For the first time in my life, I feel like there is a separation between races, and that the outcome of the election has placed an emphasis on the color of people's skin.

    Today, a good friend at work was caught in a conversation with two black people. They were basically excited that someone black was elected president. One of them even went as far as saying the only reason he voted for Obama was the color of his skin. Also, someone on my team came in hootin' and hollering, celebrating the fact that we now have a black president. What if the situation were reversed? What if my friend or I saying similar things, but about white people? We would have gotten in serious trouble.

    Bottom line, I'm tired of the double standard. In my world/bubble, the only racism I've noticed is racism against white people. I know I haven't been everywhere, or seen everything, and I'm sure there are plenty of racist white people. It is definitely wrong to judge someone by the color of his/her skin. But at what point are black people satisfied? Where is the line drawn? That's all I'm asking.

    ReplyDelete

Comment here or write us at GrimpHQ@gmail.com