Potent Quotables (updated periodically)

  • "If you like sausages and laws, you should never watch either one of them being made." -- Otto von Bismarck
  • "God who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever." -- Thomas Jefferson
  • "The best way to prove a stick is crooked is to lay a straight one beside it" -- FW Boreham
  • "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and say, 'There you are' and those who say, 'Here I am'" -- Abigail Van Buren
  • "It was not political rhetoric, mass rallies or poses of moral indignation that gave the people a better life. It was capitalism." -- Thomas Sowell

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pro Life Agenda

The Pro-Life agenda.  Indeed, what could be more sinister than not being supportive of the mindless slaughter of babies and the saddling of guilt upon an already stressed out pregnant teen?  I'm going to try to contain myself and not swear in writing, but right about now I have a few choice words for people like Jehmu (see video below).  She should call me; I'll be glad to tell her what I think of her pro-death agenda. 

Not that anything in the Bible is going to make any difference to a liberal, but perhaps the best I can do right now is quote to you the words of Jesus Christ from the gospel of Matthew chapter 18, verse 5 which states, "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.  But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."  Something to think about for all of us who tend to intentionally walk in direct opposition to the will of God. 

When you teach a pregnant child to murder their own child, you are tightening a millstone around your own neck and hers.  If you want to be evil, be my guest.  If you want to confuse a child into being evil, be my enemy.  I'd bet a leg that you don't support capital punishment, Jehmu.  But whether you do or not, I'd like you to try to explain to me how it is acceptable for a baby to be condemned to die without trial.

In the case of Tim Tebow, you know you have problem if the touching story of a mother who chose life scares the hell out of you.

3 comments:

  1. I still do not understand people's (vocal and vociferous) opposition to this ad. The Pro-Life group bought ad time just like anyone else can, they had their ad approved by the relevant people, they should be able to run it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My theory is that it threatens the vocal and vociferous worldview that morality is in the eye of the beholder. In other words, my guess is that most of the opposers to this ad enjoy believing that they are God and can make God's decisions. They hate to be reminded that the actual God knows better than they do. Heaven forbid that you show them a mother who is happy that she didn't euthanize her child; a child who also just happened to turn out to be a success. How dare you shine light on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Theory is that it's full of shit. Abortion is Illegal in the Phillipines. Always has been. Thus no doctor is going to reccomend you get one.

    ReplyDelete

Comment here or write us at GrimpHQ@gmail.com