Potent Quotables (updated periodically)

  • "If you like sausages and laws, you should never watch either one of them being made." -- Otto von Bismarck
  • "God who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever." -- Thomas Jefferson
  • "The best way to prove a stick is crooked is to lay a straight one beside it" -- FW Boreham
  • "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and say, 'There you are' and those who say, 'Here I am'" -- Abigail Van Buren
  • "It was not political rhetoric, mass rallies or poses of moral indignation that gave the people a better life. It was capitalism." -- Thomas Sowell

Friday, September 04, 2009

iPledge

I happened to hear a guest host (Texas senator Dan Patrick) talking on Lou Dobbs' show today while I was driving back to work from lunch, and it piqued by interest.  This particular episode is well worth a listen.  There is an especially interesting call that brings up an important point...scary, and certainly not politically correct, but worth thinking about (somewhere around an hour twenty into it).

Find it here:
http://www.loudobbs.com/programhighlights?date=20090904



Honestly?  'scuse me.  Part of my lunch is coming back up...  This video contains some great messages.  It's a shame so many of them are hypocritical.  It would actually be a great video if it weren't full of political propaganda and if everyone didn't merge into Obama's face at the end like he's the source of righteousness.  Can you say, "Der Fuhrer"?  Did you know you can pledge to do great things for other people without bowing to your president like a slave?  Read the Constitution.  Does it say that you're the president's servant?  I thought I heard you say in the video that you were pledging to end slavery not become a slave yourself.

Also, on kind of a side note...you know...you might think that this health care stuff is a moral issue (some talking heads on liberal tv certainly seem to).  You'd be right in a way.  It is a moral issue to force on the responsible the ills of the irresponsible; to drag down the successful; to grab the heels of the free and weigh them down in the name of fairness.  But you'd also be ignorant because you fail to see that even more than this being a moral issue, it is an issue of what will work.  Logic.  It's a powerful tool they don't teach in Hollywood.  I'd better go say my prayers and ask for forgiveness for my blaspheming now.

PS> In the coming years, I'm looking forward to finding out how Demi freed 1,000,000 slaves.  Maybe she was refering to Ashton's spermatazoa...

I leave you with this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here or write us at GrimpHQ@gmail.com