Potent Quotables (updated periodically)

  • "If you like sausages and laws, you should never watch either one of them being made." -- Otto von Bismarck
  • "God who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever." -- Thomas Jefferson
  • "The best way to prove a stick is crooked is to lay a straight one beside it" -- FW Boreham
  • "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and say, 'There you are' and those who say, 'Here I am'" -- Abigail Van Buren
  • "It was not political rhetoric, mass rallies or poses of moral indignation that gave the people a better life. It was capitalism." -- Thomas Sowell

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Carbon-bon



Let me preface this post by saying that when I watched the new movie, Avatar, I rooted for the Na'vi (the blue jungle-dwelling people).  I'm an animal and nature lover.  One of my own family members died of asthma related complications.  So I want you to know that I do care about the environment, clean air, etc.  The earth's resources should be used appropriately, not simply squandered beyond necessity to get at whatever goodies might lie beneath its surface. 

But it seems to me that this carbon footprint / climate change stuff is a money-making scheme created to pull at your heartstrings while doing nothing to actually better the environment.  This is what happens when an ideology becomes an idiocracy.  Pay special attention to the next to last paragraph in this article where the lady says she was just "trying to be good..."  What a sad religion is Gorism.  The Earth was doing a fine job of coping with temperature before Al Gore came along.  The only inconvenient truth here is that Al Gore and others like him have been able to make a mighty fine living off of ignorant people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here or write us at GrimpHQ@gmail.com