Potent Quotables (updated periodically)

  • "If you like sausages and laws, you should never watch either one of them being made." -- Otto von Bismarck
  • "God who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever." -- Thomas Jefferson
  • "The best way to prove a stick is crooked is to lay a straight one beside it" -- FW Boreham
  • "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and say, 'There you are' and those who say, 'Here I am'" -- Abigail Van Buren
  • "It was not political rhetoric, mass rallies or poses of moral indignation that gave the people a better life. It was capitalism." -- Thomas Sowell

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Power of Obama Compels You



As our fearless leader likes to say, "Let me be clear."  If our president were to get on board with America, I would be one of the first people to support him.  But until that day, I will be forced by conscience to disagree with him.

"I didn't run for office to help Fat cat bankers on Wall Street..."

These are the telling words of a communist that echo in the hearts of downtrodden minorities: "Don't be a banker...don't do anything that makes you or your family prosperous (unless it's writing a memior before you've had a life to write about)...making money is immoral (for conservatives)...unlike abortion and gay marriage which is no biggie...stay poor...stay ignorant...I will help you...I am from the government...I am all powerful and righteous...you are my subjects...let me (s)mother you...come to my bosom, and I will give you rest..."

Makes me wanna spew!  Out both ends!  Simultaneously. 

Banks owe the American public (as if these businesses were not made up of the American public)?  For what exactly?  Being bailed out against our will?  Wasn't that congress' doing?  Wasn't that our leadership?  No banks didn't cause the recession.  Congress did because people like Barney Frank regulated a "free" market system into what it became and opened a door to to incentives for poorly structured financial transactions. 

Be sure to watch the whole video linked in the paragraph above, and you can see Obama feign humility on Oprah.  I haven't seen that kind of acting since Hillary squeezed a steaming tear out on the campaign trail.  A B+ huh...  Wow, man, don't be so hard on yourself.  I mean, you're doing a great job of ramming new policies down the throats of unwilling Americans.  On the communist grading scale, I'd give you an A.  You can get an A+ when you have your own gulag.

Obama spoke.  And there was light...  Suddenly common sense and truth don't matter that much anymore.  This self-proclaimed savior of America is simply a man with a mic behind a fancy green curtain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here or write us at GrimpHQ@gmail.com