Potent Quotables (updated periodically)

  • "If you like sausages and laws, you should never watch either one of them being made." -- Otto von Bismarck
  • "God who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever." -- Thomas Jefferson
  • "The best way to prove a stick is crooked is to lay a straight one beside it" -- FW Boreham
  • "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and say, 'There you are' and those who say, 'Here I am'" -- Abigail Van Buren
  • "It was not political rhetoric, mass rallies or poses of moral indignation that gave the people a better life. It was capitalism." -- Thomas Sowell

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Move over Genghis



Religious liberty is wonderful until it provides the freedom to destroy religious liberty.  I don't hate Muslims.  In fact, I imagine that many of them are very warm and joyful people that would be a pleasure to get to know.  Many of the ones I have met through books or video (many of which have converted to Christianity) seem like very likeable people.  Many of the unconverted are no doubt wonderful people as well that are more like us than we sometimes give them credit for. We just may not agree on the fundamentals yet.  What I dislike about Islam is its philosophy of global dominion and assimilation and the secretive meetings in unmarked buildings.  I also strongly dislike it when jihadists kill people.  Other than that, if they want to become Americans like any other peaceful immigrants, then welcome.

It would be funny...except it's not.  Is America Islamophobic?  Well, gosh...I wonder why we might be.  Should 3,000 people dead on our own turf not stir us up a little?  Should the building of a mosque representing similar ideals held by the hijackers on those flights to the Twin Towers not cause us to question anything?  Is Saudi Arabia Christianophobic?  The threat that they would probably chop off my head for giving someone a bible in their country suggests that they just might be.  I wonder what they would think about a Christian church building going up near a spot where 3,000 Muslims were murdered without cause by Christian militants less than a decade ago.  If you want to talk fairness, then let's talk fairness.

In the video above, Daisy Khan compares America's skepticism of Islam to anti-Semitism.  If I only had a quarter for every time I heard about a Jew hacking off a journalist's head with a sword.  I'd be two quarters short of being able to make a collect call to Jack Squat.  The speech from people regarding racism or Islamophobia is typical liberal divergence from reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here or write us at GrimpHQ@gmail.com