Potent Quotables (updated periodically)

  • "If you like sausages and laws, you should never watch either one of them being made." -- Otto von Bismarck
  • "God who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever." -- Thomas Jefferson
  • "The best way to prove a stick is crooked is to lay a straight one beside it" -- FW Boreham
  • "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and say, 'There you are' and those who say, 'Here I am'" -- Abigail Van Buren
  • "It was not political rhetoric, mass rallies or poses of moral indignation that gave the people a better life. It was capitalism." -- Thomas Sowell

Sunday, August 08, 2010

What's Love Got to Do with It

If I were a gay man...I wonder if I would have the courage to ask myself:
"Self, is it right for me to demand of my fellow Americans that they change the values they have always held simply so that I can be legally united in matrimony with another man?  I mean, I'll admit that life kind of directed me down this path, I don't know that I was necessarily born gay, even though I like using that as a defense.  I've never seen any actual proof of that.  Does the tax break really mean enough to me to tell all those hetero bigots that they can all stick their silly ideals about one man and one woman and all that?  Am I really so self-absorbed?  I'm not a minority.  I wasn't simply born different.  To some degree, even though it feels natural to me now, I chose this lifestyle.  What gives me the right to demand that everyone view that lifestyle as equal to the natural lifestyle that God intended for his people?  But I don't know if I can get out of this lifestyle even if I wanted to..."
Then I hope I would have the courage to think about that for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here or write us at GrimpHQ@gmail.com